Sunday, August 20, 2006

Can't Pretend

When I have time off from my photography work, I enjoy going out with my friends. I normally like going out to places that have a nice and relaxing atmosphere. Tonight, my friends invited me to hang out at Annie Bailey's. It was my first time at this bar, and I thought it was awesome. My friend Tati had been telling me about her friend Angel's band. Can't Pretend has been together since June of this year. Alex, a vocalist, said that it is challenging for them to meet because they all live in different places. Alex lives in Philadelphia, and there is another band member who is from Ohio. Each of them has their own music projects going on in the area where they reside, but it is great when they get together because they sound awesome as a group. Although this band has only been together for a short time, they already have a huge number of fans. The girls were going crazy when they played Unchained Melody and Brown Eyed Girl. I liked all the songs they played, but I was jammin to their rendition of Crazy (Gnarls Barkley). Eric who plays the jembee, and Dieter who plays the guitar make this group a one of a kind. They said they would be back to Annie Bailey's in two weeks so make sure you check them out.



No comments: