Sunday, September 17, 2006

the Machine


My lap top crashed this weekend, and my life has been turned upside down. I have been trying to get it fixed since yesterday. Heidi was on the phone with Dell all day yesterday and today, and none of the 5 tech support reps has managed to fix it. In trying to find the problem, they came up with what I thought was the most horrifying idea that they could think of. They asked to return my lap top back to its original condition (new). I don't know the technical word for that, but it is basically the same thing as deleting all software I have added to my computer since I bought it. Here is where this story gets better (worst in my case), after doing that and getting off the phone with the tech guy, that message on the screen popped up (see picture above) :(

Heidi insists that I have a defective product since I have replaced the memory card four times within a year and a half, and I still keep having the same problem. In addition, I have paid the Dell after warranty tech support fee too many times, and no one has managed to fix it :(

It's crazy! My life is now on hold because my lap top is down. What's happening to our lives? Computers and cell phones, have you ever thought about how much they help us do our daily activities? It seems like they run our lives. I can hardly get my work done without my laptop. I have been using Heidi's old (slow), but reliable desktop. It's not the same. I miss my lap top :( She's a part of me. I can't help but feel so much sadness and desperation because I can't use it.

No comments: